We are happy to be back seeing routine eye care! When you come in for your next appointment you will see we have made several changes to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the following:
1) The number of patients we see in a day is reduced. Both the number of available exam appointments and optical encounters will be kept to a minimum to allow for appropriate social distancing and limit the number of patients in our clinic at any given time.
2) When you arrive for your appointment, we will have you fill out a COVID questionnaire and we will screen everyone’s temperature upon arrival. If you have a mask of your own, please bring it along to your appointment. Otherwise, we will provide a mask if you do not already have one. It will be required that you wear a mask for the entirety of your visit within the clinic.
3) We will continue curbside dispenses contact lens and eye vitamins. If you need to pick up any of these items, please call our front desk and a staff member will bring them directly to your car.
4) We require that patients arrive for their exams alone. Patients can only be accompanied by one other person if they are either a) a minor or b) have mental/physical disabilities. Again, any patient or caretaker entering the building must wear a mask. Any accompanied person will be screened for temperature as well.
5) In addition, all of our staff and doctors will have their temperature checked prior to beginning their work day. All staff will have proper PPE compliant with new regulations. Although it may seem impersonal, we at Dakota Eye Care are working and will continue to work tirelessly to ensure the safety of both our staff and patients. Our new policies in regards to social distancing, clinic hygiene, etc. will be posted for you to review.
We have spent the several weeks ensuring we're in compliance with every CDC hygiene guideline for safety of our doctors, staff and patients. We are excited to get back to work, but in the safest environment possible. If you have any questions on our new protocols, do not hesitate to ask. We hope to see you soon and please stay safe!